Recently, Story Planet teamed up with Ms. O’Neil’s classes (grade 6 and 7) at Bowmore Road Public School in order to create a number of wacky and wonderful stories. This collaboration resulted in some fantastic tales, including one featuring a pinball machine that transports its players into a spooky pinball universe, and another detailing the struggles of a trio of adventurers waging war in a futuristic jungle world over a golden rat! Check out some of the amazing illustrations based on the stories, drawn by Callen Schaub, below.
Last week, some of our hardworking staff spent 10 hours vigorously scrubbing our floors and whipping the building into tip top condition. We here at Story Planet run a very tight spaceship.
We’re looking for a part-time volunteer, starting asap to work through the end of August (minimum 10 hours per week).
This is great opportunity for a young person looking for work experience in the non-profit/social media world. Great people to work with, flexible hours, easy location (Bloor and Dufferin), fantastic program.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The social media intern at Story Planet will be responsible for managing our overall media presence and increasing visibility for our organization.
Responsibilities include the following:
– Post regular updates to our Twitter, Facebook, and blog. Suggested at least one post a day. These posts should relate to the following; information about Story Planet and updates on our progress, and articles, videos, images, and other media relevant to our cause and community.
– Participate in the planning of fundraising. Use social media to attract supporters and potential donors.
– Monitor a variety of relevant news and social media channels. Stay informed about the nonprofit, art, and literary communities.
– Report regularly to the Story Planet staff. Stay informed about new developments at Story Planet.
– Track website and Facebook statistics and develop strategies to increase traffic and reach.
– Assess Facebook and Twitter design and develop and present strategies on how to better use these platforms.
– Familiar with Facebook and Twitter
– Passionate about social media
– Friendly, personable, conversational
– Good writing and communication skills
– Comfortable with Microsoft products
– Adaptable and a fast learner
– Good research and data analysis skills