We are looking for volunteers to help us with our in-school workshops for the Winter Term (January – March, 2018). The application deadline is Thursday, November 29 @ 11:59pm. Please read through the details below thoroughly to find out more about how to apply.
As a workshop volunteer, you will:
- Support Story Planet facilitators & artists during our high-energy literacy workshops in school all over the GTA
- Work one-on-one with students to help them build their confidence as well as their communication and writing skills
- Be a mentor to students of all ages, from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12
- Get loads of great experience working with children and youth in groups and one-on-one
- Have loads of fun and be totally inspired!
To become a Story Planet workshop volunteer, you must be able to commit to:
- Volunteering with us for the entire winter term (January – March)
- Volunteering 3 hours per week between 8am – 3pm, Monday – Friday (our workshops take place during school hours, and will be scheduled in advance)
- Travelling to various schools in the GTA where we conduct workshops
- Completing a vulnerable sector police check (this will be done through Story Planet, and costs $20)
- Attending a volunteer orientation and training session in December, 2017.