At Story Planet, we work with some of the most amazing, inspiring, and truly wonderful humans on the planet, and we’d love for you to learn more about them too!
We would like to introduce you to one of our stellar volunteers, Shawna Lee Campbell. Shawna is not only a wonderful volunteer who has connected with kids all over the GTA, she is a published children’s book author, artist, and all-round lovely human.
Check out her responses below!
1. Favourite planet to live: Our magnificent Earth of course!
2. Favourite book or the last great one you read: The Little Prince wins my heart.
3. Favourite writers: Lucy Rose and Mike Norris!
4. Favourite thing to do on Earth: Travel, paint, write, mermaid, hike, hoop, breathe, laugh, sleep.
5. Favourite Earth food: Shawarma
6. Favourite moment/memory from your experience at Story Planet: My favourite workshop I’ve done is the Alien Has Landed workshop. The moment that stands out for me the most was the fifth grader who felt the spacecraft had been appropriated from a Northern Indigenous community by aliens. Her perspective was incredibly insightful and intelligently articulated. She was able to back up her ideas with specific details about the spacecraft and reference to factual details of Indigenous culture and Northern landscapes. It was a fascinating experience listening to her ideas.