One of our fabulous interns (and unofficial photographer!) is Carina Nasturzio, and we are so lucky to have had her bright and happy presence with us this past year! Read below to learn more about this awesome explorer!
1. Favourite planet to live: Mars, but Earth is pretty neat too
2. Favourite book or the last great one you read: The Kite Runner, Room
3. Favourite writers: Marjane Satrapi, Lidia Yuknavitch, Emma Donoghue, Juni Ito
4. Favourite thing to do on Earth: Make art, explore, and pet dogs
5. Favourite Earth food: Popcorn
6. Favourite moment/memory from your experience at Story Planet: At one of my very first workshops, a student gave me a note telling me how nice I was and how she was happy we met. Sometimes I’ll read it when I need a bit of motivation, or just need some cheering up!
7. Most important thing you learned as an intern at Story Planet: That what we do really makes a difference. I’ve seen shy and timid students open up and be creative in the span of one hour, and you can tell that the workshop really touched them. It’s heartwarming to see, and I’m so grateful that I’ve had the opportunity to see it.