If you’ve ever visited the ITA on a Monday or Tuesday morning, chances are you are already best buds with Katharine Reszetnik. She is one of those people whose sunny attitude and infectious cheerfulness brighten any room. She is as comfortable striking up a conversation with the ITA’s frequent flyers as with new travellers embarking on their first intergalactic voyage. Always ready for a challenge, and eager to find new ways to help out, Katharine is a wonderful ambassador for Story Planet, and we are so grateful to have her on our team!
Here is how Katharine answered our Story Planet Questionnaire:
1. Favourite Planet to live: My favourite planet to live on would be Neptune because in Roman mythology Neptune is the god of the sea and I absolutely love the ocean!
2. Favourite book or the last great one you read: I have two top picks for books I have read this year: Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn and Brain on Fire – My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan. Gillian Flynn’s work is a fast-paced murder mystery that has you fooled until the last chapter, written with astonishing detail and an enticing and edgy voice. Susanah Cahalan’s memoir is an interesting reflection on a rare autoimmune disease. I loved it because it crosses into both the scientific world as well as a creative and artistic one – just like Story Planet! Plus it is a #1 New York Times Bestseller and set in my hometown Summit, New Jersey!
3. Favourite writers: My favourite author is Margaret Atwood, no competition. Every word she writes carries purpose and action…her writing is illuminating and visceral and I can’t get enough of it! This year I gobbled up some of her older novels including The Handmaid’s Tale, Bodily Harm and Alias Grace.
4. Favourite thing to do on Earth: My favourite thing to do on Earth is dance! Boogie, shimmy, disco, limbo…you name it I’ll jiggle to it! Sitting down, standing up, doesn’t matter I just wanna wiggle!
5. Favourite Earth food: Favourite Earth food is raspberries – they’re sweet, pink, delicious and fuzzy, what more could you ask for in something the size of your thumbnail?
6. Favourite moment/memory from your experience here: My favourite memory from Story Planet is from my first Alpha Workshop when one young girl was reading me the beginning of her story in which her class was transported to a magical planet. She suddenly stopped mid-sentence and asked me how to spell my name. When I asked why she wanted to know she replied, “Because I want you to come with us!” It seems somewhat trivial but it made my heart tingle and I will never forget my hypothetical travels to that fantastical world.