We’re looking for a part-time volunteer, starting asap to work through the end of August (minimum 10 hours per week).
This is great opportunity for a young person looking for work experience in the non-profit/social media world. Great people to work with, flexible hours, easy location (Bloor and Dufferin), fantastic program.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The social media intern at Story Planet will be responsible for managing our overall media presence and increasing visibility for our organization.
Responsibilities include the following:
– Post regular updates to our Twitter, Facebook, and blog. Suggested at least one post a day. These posts should relate to the following; information about Story Planet and updates on our progress, and articles, videos, images, and other media relevant to our cause and community.
– Participate in the planning of fundraising. Use social media to attract supporters and potential donors.
– Monitor a variety of relevant news and social media channels. Stay informed about the nonprofit, art, and literary communities.
– Report regularly to the Story Planet staff. Stay informed about new developments at Story Planet.
– Track website and Facebook statistics and develop strategies to increase traffic and reach.
– Assess Facebook and Twitter design and develop and present strategies on how to better use these platforms.
– Familiar with Facebook and Twitter
– Passionate about social media
– Friendly, personable, conversational
– Good writing and communication skills
– Comfortable with Microsoft products
– Adaptable and a fast learner
– Good research and data analysis skills