Artwork by Josh Rosen
- Sally The Night Cat, a girl werecat
- She has black cat ears, the head and tail of cat with a human body
- She’s funny and loves making jokes
- She’s nocturnal (sleeps during the day and is awake at night!)
- Has butterfly wings and can fly
- Long straight blonde hair
- She carries a bow and arrow
- She has a device that can make people big or small
- She is very scared all the time
- She runs away from big monsters when she sees them
- Loves the monkey bars
- She is hungry and wants to find food in Haunted City
- Is a little bit spooky but not too spooky
- Outdoors at nighttime, and is pretty dark
- There are owls with big eyes on little buildings
- There are witches here, and they make really stinky potions
- Around the buildings are trees with red bark and mostly fallen-off leaves
- There are leaves are on the ground
- There is a ghost train with ghosts inside it
- When you pull the horn on the train it makes a spooky train sound like this: “AHHHHHHHHHHHH!”
- There are about 20 funny little geese walking around outside and inside the buildings
- There are shadows that have the voices of kids
- It smells like pie outside
- There is an empty building
- There is also the smell of horrible breath outside (like someone who hasn’t brushed their teeth in years)
- Along the building are pipes dripping water
- There’s a fang on the ground
- There are written messages on the walls
The Four Heroes in Haunted City
Once there was a girl named Sally, who lived in Haunted City. She used to live with her parents until they both had heart attacks and died while at the train station. They were at the train station because a big red tree had fallen and crushed their family home.
Sally was a normal girl, but a few days after her parents died, something turned her into a werecat.
She was now Sally the Night Cat! She had butterfly wings to fly with and could turn into a real cat, but didn’t realize she had these powers.
There were monsters and witches in Haunted City, and Sally wanted to save the day. But there was a problem, she was too scared to face them! She wanted to learn about them at Monster School, but she was made fun of for wanting to go.
There was also a boy named Bloodly Boy who had also lost his parents in a tragic accident at the train station. He wanted to fight monsters too, but he was also scared of them!
Bloodly Boy and Sally the Night Cat went outside to take a walk by the pond, where the frogs and jellyfish lived, to make themselves feel better.
They ran into a tiger named Anthony, who lived in the jungle. He had been forced into the city from his home. Anthony was with a good vampire, named Mary, who had lost her fang.
The four of them teamed up and went to the library to look for books on how to defeat monsters. In the library, they encountered a book monster that could disguise itself as a book. There was also a special book that could give them special powers that could turn them into dragons.
The next book they found told Sally all about her Night Cat powers and how to use them. She was starting to feel less afraid of monsters, but the book monster suddenly appeared and stole the book…