You may know Zoe Di Novi as Volunteer Coordinator extraordinaire, but did you also know that she was a volunteer Volunteer Coordinator? Or is that Volunteer Coordinator volunteer?
Anyhoo, although she was with Story Planet just briefly, her creativity, exuberance, and wise-cracking ways made her a natural fit for the Story Planet team, and she will be sorely missed now that she’s found a more lucrative outlet for her talents (congrats on the new job, Zoe!).
We wish her all the best, and demand that she come visit us soon.
Here is how Zoe answered our Story Planet Questionnaire:
1. Favourite Planet to live: Story Planet, obvi, but if that one’s all full, then I guess I’d live happily ever after on the planet of Warm Cider On A Cold Night, with a stop off on Venus.
2. Favourite book or the last great one you read: I’m in the midst of Margaret Atwood’s Cat’s Eye and digging it hard, but this summer I devoured Alice Munro’s collection The Love Of A Good Woman and Hilary Mantel’s Wolf Hall.
3. Favourite writers: Edward St Aubyn, Anais Nin, Anthony Doerr.
4. Favourite thing to do on Earth: Watch and talk about movies.
5. Favourite Earth food: Bread pudding.
6. Favourite moment/memory from your experience here: My first day volunteering with the kids in Story Club just happened to land on Halloween. Princesses, masked superheroes, deer, cavewomen, Charlie Chaplin – the Story Planet atmosphere came alive with its own eccentric cast of characters. The day is a wild blur of genre, enthusiasm and laughs and I couldn’t have been happier to have been a part of it.